Health Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Health Insurance Information
It’s no secret that receiving medical care can be expensive. An overnight hospital stay can cost upwards of ten thousand dollars. Without health insurance, a medical illness or injury could leave you with thousands of dollars of out-of-pocket expenses.
We’re here to help you find the right health insurance coverage for your needs. Contact Sanguinetti & Co Insurance Brokers for a health insurance quote today.
What Is Health Insurance?
Health insurance is an agreement between you and your insurer. In exchange for your premiums, your insurance company will pay for some or all of your health care costs relating to specific injuries, illnesses or care. Preventive care, which can include annual physicals, screenings, and immunizations, may be covered under your plan fully, resulting in such services being available at little or no cost to you. Every health plan provides different levels of coverage, so it’s best to review your plan carefully to understand your benefits and coverage.
How Does Health Insurance Work?
Although your health coverage can vary with your health insurance company, here are some standard elements of health insurance to know:
- Premiums are the monthly payment you make to your insurer in exchange for their health coverage.
- A copay is an out-of-pocket expense you may have to pay for doctor’s visits, prescription drugs and emergency visits.
- A deductible is an amount you’ll have to pay out-of-pocket before your health insurance coverage kicks in.
- Coinsurance is the percentage of medical bills you are responsible for after you’ve paid your deductible until you’ve hit your out-of-pocket maximum for the year.
- An out-of-pocket maximum is the maximum amount you’ll have to pay for covered health care services every year. Once you’ve reached your out-of-pocket maximum, your health insurance will pay for 100% of your covered healthcare benefits for the rest of the year.
The amount you pay in copays, deductibles and coinsurance will vary with your health insurance plans. Specific plans will suit different people. Your health insurance plan may also allow you to save money by staying in-network for medical services.
Contact Sanguinetti & Co Insurance Brokers to learn more about our healthcare coverage solutions.
Types of Health Insurance
Understanding your health insurance options is essential to ensuring you have the right coverage for your needs. Health insurance plans often come with a range of offerings from greater cost sharing and in-network discounts to plans with higher deductibles.
Here are some common types of health insurance coverage to know:
Get the Health Insurance You Deserve
- Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) covers specific in-network medical services, hospitals and professionals. If you have EPO health insurance, out-of-network services can only be used for an emergency.
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) offers limited coverage for contracted doctors. To receive coverage, you may be required to live in a specific area. Out-of-network care will typically only be covered in an emergency.
- Point of Service (POS) offers a reduced rate for in-network services. With a POS plan, you can generally use out-of-network providers if you have a referral.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) offers in-network services at a discounted rate. You can often use out-of-network providers without a referral for an extra cost.
- High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) offers a higher deductible than a traditional insurance plan, allowing you to pay less in monthly premiums.
Navigating the health insurance marketplace can be difficult. That’s why we’re here. Contact Sanguinetti & Co Insurance Brokers to learn which health insurance plan could be right for you. We have locations in St. Angels Camp and Stockton, California, and provide services throughout Central California. Give us a call to speak to a health insurance agent today.